Plumeria Tim & Amy Photo Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tulips



I love spring in the Northwest; the long rains of winter give way to the short rains of spring. And at this time of year, the wisdom of the locals can be heard several times a day-
"Did ya know that colors are actually more vibrant under a cloudy sky?"

Well, it must be true because in the spring I always loved visiting the Tulip fields in Skagit Valley- not to see the tulips, but because I thought it was funny people would drive 1 hour into the country to stand in the rain and take photographs like the one above. Just kidding, I take those photographs every chance I get.

This year, my parents sent us some Tulips for valentines day-I love it! It reminds me of when I lived in a place that didn't have bleached out colors, 90 degree February weather, and brown skies. I guess the grass is always greener under a cloudy sky!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home